E-commerce has made the life of everyone easier. Not only can you shop apparel, accessories and groceries, but also medicines and healthcare related products. You can create the first and foremost impression of your brand through your website. It is the only place where your patients meet you and your store and therefore you must ensure that the online pharmacy store is intuitive and informative.
Essential features of a good online pharmacy
If you are planning to have an online pharmacy, make sure to include the below mentioned features. These are the basic features and are a must-have in your website.
- User-friendly – The website must be user-friendly and uncomplicated. It must be clutter free and easy to navigate. Make sure that the simpler, readable fonts and colors are used. Flashy texts and colors of your font will not be taken in a good light in an online pharmacy. You can sell variety of drugs on the online platform, but you must ensure that the drugs and medicines you are selling are safer or not.
- Prescription – Make sure that there is an option of interaction with the prospective clients and customers. There must be an interface between your online store and the customer who lands up on your page to buy medicines. Make it easy for them to send the prescriptions to you so that you are aware of their medical condition and suggest them medicines. Otherwise, there could be certain medicines which may be dangerous for patients.
- Contact information – Perhaps the most important thing to be mentioned on your online store. You must list out the contact details on your pharmacy, which includes the address, email id and the phone number. It should be given at every page of your website.
- Social media links – Let your patients follow you and also publicize you on social media. Link your social media profiles of Facebook, Google, and Twitter etc. with your online pharmacy.
- Business information – You must make sure that the customers are aware of your working hours or store hours, the various kinds of services that are being offered by you such as delivery services or drive through services. Also mention if there is any particular limit or order they need to make in order to get the required medicines delivered at the door step. You can even add the parking information, delivery times etc.
- Payment Gateways – Another important factor as there are number of options available. So make sure that you have multiple payment options available for your patients.